Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blog Assignment #1

About Me

Hello, my name is Kai Alan Lopez, and I am 18 years old. I was born in Madison, Wisconsin in 1993. I lived in Pardeeville, Wisconsin for the first 8 years of my life and then moved to Elberta, Alabama, which is where I have lived since. I have 5 members of my family including myself. My mom’s name is Kari, and my dad’s name is Tim. I have two younger brothers named Koi, who is in eighth grade, and Kré, who is in fourth grade.
 I enjoy playing sports rather than reading books or studying. I like to spend a lot of time at the recreational center playing basketball. My major is Physical Education and I would like to become a football or basketball head coach. I am attending the University of South Alabama because I was given a scholarship to be a manager for the football team. One day I hope to be coaching basketball or football on the college level with my dad.

Time Management
I have never heard of Randy Paush or listened to one of his lectures, but after watching his video on Time Management made me realize that managing time is very important. I agree with him on people focusing more on money than on time, and I  agree with him about time and money can be very equatable, but people just don't seem to get that. Also, I like his ideas on planning. He says that it's good to plan each day, week, and semester and that is something I think that I should start doing because right now I am not good at managing my time and I need to get better.

10 comments:

  1. Kai,
    My name is Keeley Bryan. I am assigned to your blog for the first C4C project. I really enjoyed reading your "about me" post, and like you, I also enjoy sports. I played football in high school, but now just play for recreation.

    I agree with your opinion of Randy Paush's video. People must become better managers of time. One thing that stuck out to me in the video was the fact that we should start doing the right things rather than doing the wrong things right. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I wish you the best of luck in EDM310. Feel free to check out my blog as well.

    Keeley

    ReplyDelete
  2. All K names. Except your dad. Wow!

    And a K commenting on your post - Keeley Bryan. Maybe I should change my name.


    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...."King of the World" starts with a K!

      Delete
  3. Hello!
    So where does your dad coach? That is a wide variety of places you have lived so far. Do you ever get back up north? Relatives?
    So do tell us where all those K's came from and the meanings behind them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad coaches at Dixie Hollins High School in St. Petersburg, FL. He just got a job there last fall semester and so far, he loves it. He was once coaching for Foley High School in Baldwin County and had the chance to coach Julio Jones (who played football for Alabama and now plays in the NFL for the Atlanta Falcons) for football and basketball during his freshmen, sophomore, and junior years.
      My parents moved because my grandparents were snowbirds and visited Gulf Shores a lot. So they decided to go with them one year and loved it. Every other summer I go back up north and stay with my relatives for about a week.
      Well my name came from my moms name Kari. She just took the "r" out and made Kai, and as far as Kré and Koi goes, I have no idea how she came up with those.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kai,
    I find it interesting that you are majoring in PE, with goals of becoming a football or basketball coach and taking a course in education. Does the PE major have a coaching track that requires education classes or is it an interest of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PE falls under education degree, and since it does I am required to take this course. Although, I have found it to be very interesting so far and hope to learn the most I can.

      Delete
  5. Kai,

    I really like your name, hope that is not weird to say! Where does it originate from? I hope that you enjoy EDM 310!

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,

    Do not forget to add your contact information!

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Byronn Brye I attend South Alabama and I am a P.E. major as well. We have a few thing in common I see. I also agree with Randy Paush on time management. The thing that really stuck with me is when is said failing to plan is planning to fail. That was a great video. See you around campus.

    ReplyDelete