Saturday, June 22, 2013

C4T #2

For C4T #2, I was assigned to comment on Mel Hamada's blog PE Tech Field Testing. Mrs. Hamada is a PE teacher at the International School of Tanganyika. On Mrs. Hamada's first post that I commented on was titled So long and thanks for the mornings... which is a farewell letter to her 8th grade homeroom students. She explains how she has watched them grow throughout the year and states how wonderful of a homeroom class they have been for her. She tells them that she was thankful for being able to seem them every morning for 15-20 mins. I simply commented and stated that hopefully one day I will have a group of students that I would love to see everyday just as she did. Based off this post, I can definitely tell that she was really attached to her students and that it was hard to see them leave. Also, I think if a parent read this they would be happy that their child was in her home room because she gave great feedback about them.

A lego staring out

The next post that I commented on Mel's blog was Who appraises or offers you Feedback?. This post was about teachers receiving feedback from students. She states that she has been working on different kinds of feedback for the past few years. Also, she mentions that when receiving feedback, that teachers should read the data carefully  because all students have different learning skills. Here is her Feedback Survey from the students she taught this past year. I agreed with her and commented by stating that I think students should offer feedback of their teachers teaching. By receiving feedback form students allows the teachers to establish their strengths and weaknesses when teaching in the classroom. If the teachers get bad feedback, then they can see were they are not doing as well in the classroom and hopefully fix it to get better in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Will you use her Feedback Survey in your classes?

    Do you know how she made it? the answer: This is a Google Doc (create Form). The questions are at the top. The answers (most of which appear to be what Google calls Multiple Choice but are really Forced Single Answers) are found under the questions. I use the same procedure for the three questionnaires I give every year. They are very useful and easy to create. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kai,

    When I student taught last semester, I did a very similar thing with my students by asking them to fill out a survey about my teaching. It not only gives you an idea of where you need improvement but it also helps build your confidence by learning what teaching techniques really reached your students. I definitely recommend it. Good job on this post.

    ReplyDelete